For want of a pool for Parramatta

Darryn Capes-DavisParramatta LGA

I have been following the case of Parramatta Pool since 2016 when NSW State Government announced the relocation of the Parramatta War memorial Pool to make space for the new Western Sydney Stadium. I support the Western Sydney Stadium and will be wearing my Eels members cap proudly on Easter Monday 2019 when the stadium opens. However, the speed at … Read More

Helping my Heart

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity, Cycling

I must start this article by sending virtual hugs to my forever beating heart & wife of 20 years, Amanda Capes-Davis. She is my rock and everything I do is possible because of her support. Early this century our beautiful daughter Renee was born. A favourite picture at the time shows that I was overweight and from what I know … Read More

Wrap Up – Hills Winter Sleepout

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity

The Hills Winter Sleepout took place overnight on Saturday 18th August 2018. About 120 people including school students through to CEO braved the chilly night either in the large shed at Bella Vista Farm or out under the stars. I chose out under the stars. Those who chose to sleep inside had to pay a premium with their registration. On … Read More

Parramatta Light Rail

Parramatta Light Rail is a project that will connect communities. Those in the media and political landscape who believe they can come and preach to locals have not lived in the area and don’t know the area. Parramatta Light Rail will connect Westmead and North Parramatta, allowing for transformative reuse of Cumberland East, what is currently a giant Health carpark. … Read More

Bike North Volunteer Award

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity, Cycling

My Year at Bike North At the 2018 AGM of Bike North I was awarded one of two Volunteer Awards. So what went into that award? Below is my Communications Report from the 2018 Bike North Annual Report which gives you an idea. You can read the whole report HERE. Bike North News Bike North News received a revamp this … Read More

Hills Winter Sleepout 2018

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity

Sponsor MeDid you know that the total number of homeless Australians as tracked by the 2016 census is over 116,000? This was an increase of 145% on the figures in 2011. This is while our economy has sustained substantial growth. These are the some of the disturbing statistics on homelessness as reported RMIT University’s Professor Guy Johnson1. About 7% of … Read More

North Rocks Park Masterplan

As reported in the Hills Shire Times, To-do list is costly, the North Rocks Park Precinct masterplan is an ambitious plan for both North Rocks Park and John Wearn reserve. The draft plan has been released by City of Parramatta Council for public comment. The first phase of the masterplan is to be funded by $2.5M Stronger Community Grant from … Read More

New Playgrounds coming to Carlingford

Pinetree Dr Playground

Supported by the NSW Stronger Communities Grant, Carlingford is set to see 2 new playgrounds very soon. The playgrounds will be in Pinetree Dr and Lesley Ave.Pinetree Dr playgroundLesley Ave playgroundDavid Elliott MP, Belinda Turco, Cr Andrew Jefferies