Cyclist safety design competition – interview on Alive 90.5 FM

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity, Cycling

THURSDAY 21st MARCH – On the Alive 90.5 FM Drive program I interviewed David Maywald from Bicycle NSW and Dulwich Hill Cycling Club. David gave information about the design competition which is set to highlight cyclists safety, particularly the new Minimum Safe Passing Distance law in NSW. You can listen to the interview below. You can view Bicycle NSW educational … Read More

Presenting Wednesday Breakfast on Alive 90.5 FM

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity, Parramatta LGA, Radio

On Wed 27th February 2019 I started presenting Breakfast Radio at community radio station Alive 90.5 FM. I will be presenting Wednesday Breakfast each week. The presenting schedule includes giving Weather and Traffic updates after the news syndicated from Macquarie News Radio. I am hoping to mix up Wednesday Brekkie on Alive 90.5 FM with a few segments for listeners … Read More

Heart Foundation – Gear Up Girl – Sunday 10th March

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity, Cycling

Heart Foundation Gear Up Girl is on 10th March 2019. I know how much riding has helped me across the years, helping my heart. So it’s time for all my female friends to take this opportunity to ride away from us MAMILs (Middle Aged Men In Lycra) on a flat course at a length that suits you. You will be … Read More

Appointed to Alive 90.5 FM Board

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity, Engineer, Innovation, Parramatta LGA, Radio

After a short stint of proving Information Technology assistance to community radio station Alive 90.5 FM I have now been appointed to its Board as a general member. One of my first tasks has been to support the creation of a new website based on the On Air 2 theme in Wordpress. I provided backend support that allowed the station … Read More

Parramatta Affordable Housing Forum

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity, Parramatta LGA

We All Need a Home On Wednesday 7th November I attended the Parramatta Affordable Housing Forum hosted by Vinnies, Sydney Alliance, Uniting, Community Management Resource Centre, Parramatta Mission and Uniting Church. First up was a presentation of the Parramatta Speaks 2018, a survey conducted by Macquarie University, Churches Housing and Sydney Alliance. Infographic summary slides of the survey are presented … Read More

Parramatta Foreshore Ride

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity, Cycling, Parramatta LGA

An afternoon ride along the Parramatta Foreshore from the Noller bridge through past the Gasworks bridge, highlighting where the new escarpment boardwalk will fill a vital missing gap in the river level shared path.

Housing for everybody

Darryn Capes-DavisCommunity, Opinion, Parramatta LGA

Amanda and I are lucky to have a place to call home. We have the one property in Carlingford which is our home where we have lived the last 13 years. However not everyone is lucky to have a place to call home. For those without a home there is a great need for support housing of various forms, be … Read More